In my personal opinion .. I would like you to answer few questions ahead ..
1. Are you ready to struggle one more year with the same books (books can be changed but syllabus remains same) ?
2. Are you strong enough to ignore all those comments and suggestions from relatives and peers when they will know you are dropping a year ?
3. Are you able to manage that frustration which may occupy your mind if u don’t score well in mock tests and would u still be able to work harder than you did earlier ?
4. Are you really willing to serve people and not just doing MBBS for reputation or money or family pressure sometimes ?
5. And it may feel weird but … would you be able to digest the results after the drop even if they don’t satisfy your expected score ?
6. Are you able to pay large amount in private medical colleges?
If answer to all these questions are yes then yes you should take a drop.
Its will save your one year. MBBS is itself a big journey and wasting years just for entrance exam like NEET will add more pressure and frustration Because I have seen students who are taking their 4th attempt means 21 year old student just have 12th degree.
Finally its your choice whether to drop or not. Because competition of 6.5 Lacks students will remain same or it may be increase. Also, there is no guarantee whether you will able to get expected score or not on next year.